C035085 "556th ENGINEERING HEAVY PONTOON BATTALION" GROUPING.
A grouping that was originally held in a family scrapbook for Wendel R. Brainard that had deteriorated and fell apart. The salvaged items are:
1. A mounted, souvenir/retrieved 16.5cm x 8cm section of aircraft fabric from a Japanese Zero with a photocopy of the reverse section of the fabric mounted with the handwritten caption "Tail Fabric, Jap Zero, Philippines, Jan-1945". The two 20cm x 10.5cm mounted section can easily be removed as they are held in place by two sided artist’s tape. The display measures approximately 28cm x 34cm.
2. Personal insignia grouping that includes a pair of Corporal and Staff Sergeant chevrons, a 2nd Armored Corps shoulder flash and a paper label with wire that reads "Brainard, Wendel R., 37-Engr. Regt. Camp Bowie Texas.
3. Japanese Government occupation bank notes (centavos and pesos).
4. A photograph and original newspaper photograph of Wendel Brainard along with newspaper clippings, promotion notices, passes, etc.
5. Two issues of "Chess ‘N Talk" published by he 556th Engineer Heavy Pontoon Battalion, dated Tuesday 10 April 1945 and Friday, April 20, 1945. The issue for April 20th includes a notice of the death of Ernie Pyle.
6. A duo-tang with research notes compiled on Wendel and family.
GRADE **** PRICE $150.00 (Or Best Offer)
To Order this item, please use one of the two e-mail addresses below to contact us. Please make sure to quote the item number in your e-mail
MILITARIA WANTED! If you have items for sale, please contact us. We specialize in selling single pieces and entire collections. Over 3 decades in the business and we do all the work for you. Get the best return for your investment.
-E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org Or email@example.com
To return to the main page please CLICK below
HOME (CLICK HERE)