H032481 ARTILLERY FELDWEBEL'S M36 FIELD BLOUSE. (Feldbluse M36)
BACKGROUND: The development of the M36 field blouse can be traced back to April 1933 with the introduction of the first pattern field blouses which were a departure from the cut and style of tunics utilized in World War I. From its introduction until 1936 the field blouse underwent a couple of small modifications designed to enhance its performance, appearance and longevity. Modifications to the 1933 pattern field blouse began in December 1934 when the original field-grey basic cloth collar was altered to a field-grey badge cloth for a better appearance. In September 1935 the collar was altered again from the field-grey badge cloth to dark blue/green badge cloth. The final pre-war modification to the field blouse occurred in December 1936 with the addition of a partial lining to the interior breast and upper back panels to increase its wear-out time. Officers and certain senior NCO ranks were responsible for purchasing their own uniforms and as a result were allotted a clothing allowance through the armyís Kleiderkasse, (Clothing Account), system. The Officers and certain senior NCOís could choose to purchase their uniforms from the armed forces clothing depots or to privately purchase garments of higher quality. Although enlisted personnel were issued their uniforms from government supplies they were also permitted to purchase privately tailored uniforms although the price may have been restrictive. The different branches of service within the army were allocated a particular identifying waffenfarbe, (Branch of Service Color), with bright red being chosen for Artillerie, (Artillery), personnel. On the field blouse and service tunic the waffenfarbe was generally displayed on the shoulder straps/boards and the collar tabs. Originally NCO ranks wore a bright silver/aluminum tress on the forward collar edge of the dress and service tunics, on the tropical and continental field blouses, as adornment on the shoulder straps and dress tunic cuffs and also as sleeve rank chevrons. On April 25TH 1940 a new subdued tress of matte blue/grey rayon was introduced for wear on the field uniform and a subdued golden tan rayon tress was introduced for wear on the tropical uniform. Although these new subdued tressís were intended to replace the highly visible bright silver/aluminum tress it continued in usage until the end of the war.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Issued, field-grey wool/rayon blend construction M36 field blouse with a blue/green badge cloth collar, features a vertical, five button front closure with a single metal hook and eye positioned at the neckline. The field blouse has four, pleated, patch, front pockets with scalloped button down flaps. The right breast has an M36 pattern eagle which is machine sewn to a bluse/green badge cloth backing which is in turn hand sewn to the tunic. The field blouse has four sets of three, vertically aligned, stitched eyelets with one set situated at either side of the front closure and two to either side of the back panel, at the waistline. The eyelets were designed for the belt support hooks. The back panel has two, vertical, tapering darts and a short, central, vertical, tail skirt vent. The straight cut sleeve cuffs each have a vertical slash to the outside seam with dual fit adjustment buttons to each. The upper left sleeve has a pre-1940 pattern Artillery Signals trade badge neatly hand sewn on. Early, second pattern, (November 1938-May 1940), blue/green badge cloth construction, slip on shoulder straps with bright, silver/aluminum, diamond & waffle patterned, NCOís tress to all the outside edges, silver washed, stamped alloy, rank pips and red wool waffenfarbe piping to each. The field blouse has a lay down, blue/green badge cloth construction collar with bright, silver/aluminum, waffle patterned NCOís tress machine stitched to the forward edges. The collar features the early, September 1935 pattern, machine woven rayon construction EM/NCOís collar tabs with ribbed, field-grey litzen and an interwoven blue/green center stripe and red branch of service stripes. The collar tabs are mounted on blue/green badge cloth bases which are machine stitched to the collar. The interior of the field blouse is partially lined in ribbed greyish/tan cotton twill. The lining has a field dressing pocket to the right forward tail skirt with a single button closure and a small metal hook inserted to each forward side panel at the waistline. Original five collar liner is included. Excellent size and maker marking. Nice 1937 Munich Depot marking. The front closure, exterior pocket and shoulder strap buttons are all the field-grey painted, pebbled alloy type and they all retain the majority of their field-grey paint. The cuff, field dressing pocket and collar liner buttons are the molded grey bakelite type and most of the buttons appear to have their original stitching. The field blouse is roughly size 36" chest. Wonderful untouched NCO M36 tunic, nice!
GRADE ****1/2 PRICE $2,380.00
To Order this item, please use one of the two e-mail addresses below to contact us. Please make sure to quote the item number in your e-mail
MILITARIA WANTED! If you have items for sale, please contact us. We specialize in selling single pieces and entire collections. Over 3 decades in the business and we do all the work for you. Get the best return for your investment.
-E-Mail Address email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org
To return to the main page please CLICK below
HOME (CLICK HERE)